Friday, September 24, 2010

My Ranbir has waited patiently for three years: Rishi Kapoor

rishi-kapoor1

Rishi Kapoor is excited about son Ranbir’s first global concert that will take him to 16 cities next year. The fond father says the shows, along with Kaif, Priyanka Chopra and Shahid Kapoor and possibly Deepika Padukone, will offer freshness to the audience who are bored of seeing the same thing over and over again.

“All I can tell you is that we have Katrina, Priyanka and Shahid Kapoor on board. Deepika is likely to be on board. She hasn’t been signed on yet. No Bollywood concerts have happened abroad in the last three years. Audiences abroad were bored of watching our stars perform the same songs over and over again,” said Rishi.

“My boy has waited patiently for three years until he thought he was ready to face a live audience. He has turned down all offers to perform at awards function. And that’s his show’s USP. When actors perform at awards function these are beamed to dozens of countries across the world. Therefore there is no novelty left in watching a star dance on stage. My son has never been seen live.”

The concert, that Rishi is co-producing with Moranis, will kick-start in the first week of June and go on till the third week of July. This is the first time the actor is actively involved with producing live concerts.

“And why not? This is the first time that my son will be stepping on to a live stage. I want to make sure everything goes right. So yes, I’m producing and presenting the live concerts. With my experience in live concerts I know I can be useful. I don’t want anything to go wrong for my son,” he said.

It is being reliably learnt that Rishi will for the first time share a public platform with his son. But he tries to dodge out of giving a categorical answer to that one.

“There’s talk on this. We’re thinking of a retro section. We’re exploring the possibility of me and Ranbir coming together. But right now I can’t tell you more on this,” he said.


Besides the entourage mentioned earlier, a singer from Pakistan is also being finalised.

While the first lap of Ranbir’s world tour will take him to Europe, America and Canada, the second world tour - expected in 2011 - will take the young actor to the Gulf and South Africa.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...