Friday, December 25, 2009

Ranbir Kapoor chats on the recent developments of his life

ranbir


After two back-to-back hits-Ajab Prem Ki Gzab Kahani and Wake Up Sid- Ranbir Kapoor can truly claim, ‘Pocket Mein Rocket Hai’ this year. The actor chats on the recent developments of his life


You must be very happy now that all your three films did so well this year…
Definitely. But I really didn’t expect that this year will be so rocking. Thanks to my directors, producers, co-actors and of course, my fans, who showed such immense faith in me.


People have already started saying that you are the ‘next big thing’ in Bollywood…
I don’t take this compliments seriously…I have just done a couple of films so far, and consider myself still new to the industry. All I want is to do good work and want the audience to accept me. And, why should I be the ‘next’ big thing? I want to be the ‘best’ thing and not ‘next’ to anybody.



Talking about your last three films and also ‘Bachna Ae Haseeno’, your character in all of them is that of an urban boy. Don’t you think you are limiting yourself to a particular genre just because people like you in that role?
I never thought about it this way. It you see these films, all my characters are poles apart from each other. There are no similarities. And I don’t thing I am limiting myself to a particular kind of roles because all of them required different treatment. As it is, I am 26…and I think this is the right age for playing such roles. I will surely not play a urban college goer at the age of 40.


What is the advantage and disadvantage of belonging to the Raj Kapoor family?
Hmmm…quite a lot. To start with advantages, people know you even before you enter Bollywood. I told another journo just a few days back that I still believe that people went to watch my first film (Saawariya) because I am a ‘Kapoor’.


But on the other hand, coming from a famous family means people’s expectation will have no bounds. If you fail, your failure will be discussed more than that of an actor from non-film background; you will be constantly compared to your father, uncles and grandfather.


Did you always want to be an actor or it’s just that you are a ‘Kapoor’ and so you are here?
I always dreamt Bollywood and movies. I want to be a part of it…always. I want to act in good films, direct good films and produce good films.


So when are you turning producer-director?
It’s a long way to go. At the moment I am getting good films and want to concentrate on my acting career.


What are the other things you like doing besides acting?
Apart from cinema, I watch and play football as much as I can do. I am a complete filmbuff and watch a whole lot of films when at home. I also play a lot of X-box and Play Station 3, listen to music and hang out with friends.


Finally, media buzz says you had a break up with Deepika Padukone. True?
We are good friends.


Del.Icio.Us Tags:


Technorati Tags:

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...