Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Arjun says about the Kajol

arjun-rampal[1]1

Did you feel sidelined with two women on the sets of We are Family?
No, I just felt I was like a ping pong ball. Kajol came to sets, made you cry without glycerine and then went back to her book. Kareena and I are foodies so after every shot we would discuss where to have
dinner.

QDid you get along well with Kajol and Kareena?
Doing emotional scenes with Kajol is really special and I have got quite a few of them! Kareena is in great form. This is not an easy film to act in, as you have two strong performances given by Julia Roberts and Susan Sarandon in the original, but it is amazing to see how Kajol and Kareena bring their own something to the characters.

Q What was it like to play a father onscreen?
It was very easy as I am a father myself. Similarly, Kajol is a mother and I have seen her with her daughter, Nysa - very hands on and protective. She’s also the same in the film. Kareena was perfect casting; she is brilliant with kids. I love children. I think they bring a beautiful energy to the sets. All the three kids in the film were amazing. They knew their lines and did not talk in a sing-song style which can be very irritating.

QAt home, how easy is it to handle your kids?
At home I’m the good cop and my wife, Mehr is the bad cop. Whatever my kids ask from me, they get it.


QWhat does family and marriage mean to you?
I have a very glamorous woman as my wife. I come from a broken home so I work harder on my marriage. I have a very nice family and I don’t want to rock the boat.
Family to me is about the ability to give unconditional love and stand by each other in good and bad times. It is about looking after each other, being sensitive and telling the truth. If my wife lies to me about liking my film, I would feel bad. Also, one should be able to accept the truth.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...