Thursday, September 16, 2010

Walking the ramp is fun says Pooja Batra


After returning to the ramp after nine years at the India Men’s Week, actor Pooja Batra will be following it up with yet another ‘guest appearance’ at the Lakme Fashion Week for designer Babita Malkani. Pooja admits that she might even take a bigger break after walking the ramp.
“I am in Mumbai for a good three weeks and I want to make the most of it. Not only I am walking for Babita, I will also be attending all the post-event parties to catch up with all my designer and model friends with whom I have lost touch over the years,” says Pooja, who has settled down in Los Angeles after she got married to orthopaedic surgeon Sonu Ahluwahlia.
Walking the ramp is fun even though she didn’t plan it at all, says Pooja. “Babita has been a friend of mine. I have a habit of lifting clothes from her. It’s like ‘Yeh accha hai, mujhe de de yaar’. Now, when I came down to Mumbai, it was Babita’s turn. She asked me to be her show-stopper and I obviously can’t say no to her,” she adds.

Pooja, who was last seen in 2005 in the historical epic Taj Mahal, says that though she is not keen on doing television, she always welcomes a great role with open arms. “I have always been a keen actor. But I don’t know about television here though I am anyway doing something on international television (she is referring to the American sitcom Outsourced). I am pursuing acting in America. I have booked a show there and I am hoping my character develops. It is for NBC (channel).” she adds. So, once she is out of the country, will she do the vamoosh act again?
“If I am there then you ask, ‘Why are you away for so long’ and when I am here, you ask me, ‘When are you going back?’. Pehle decide kar lo, whether you want me here or not,” she jests.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...